GloveBox Terms of Service
Last Updated: 4/29/2020
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in GloveBox, Inc. (“GloveBox” “we,” or “us”) and our insurance document aggregator tool, our website at www.gloveboxapp.com, along with our related websites, applications, mobile applications, and other services provided by us (collectively, the “Service”). These Terms of Service are a legally binding contract between you and GloveBox regarding your use of the Service.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY.
Arbitration NOTICE. Except for certain kinds of disputes described in Section 15, you agree that disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved by binding, individual arbitration, and BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU AND GLOVEBOX ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. YOU AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights under this contract (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court). Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. (See Section 15.)
TEXT MESSAGING NOTICE. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU AGREE TO RECEIVE TEXT (SMS) MESSAGES AT THE PHONE NUMBER YOU PROVIDE US AS FURTHER DESCRIBED IN SECTION 8. (See Section 8).
- GloveBox Service Overview. The Service enables users to access and view insurance policy documents from multiple carriers in a centralized location.
- Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Service. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years old; (b) you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Service; and (c) your registration and your use of the Service is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Accounts and Registration. To access some features of the Service, you must register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself, such as your name, email address, phone number, or other contact information. You agree to receive text messages (from us or our third-party providers) with codes to register for our Services. You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times. When you register, you may be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us at email@example.com.
- Limited License. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with these Terms, GloveBox grants you, solely for your personal, non-commercial use, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to: (a) install and use one object code copy of any mobile application associated with the Service obtained from a legitimate marketplace on a mobile device that you own or control; and (b) access and use the Service.
- License Restrictions. Except and solely to the extent such a restriction is impermissible under applicable law, you may not: (a) reproduce, distribute, publicly display, or publicly perform the Service; (b) make modifications to the Service; or (c) interfere with or circumvent any feature of the Service, including any security or access control mechanism. If you are prohibited under applicable law from using the Service, you may not use it.
- Feedback. If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding problems with or proposed modifications or improvements to the Service (“Feedback”), then you hereby grant GloveBox an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free right to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including to improve the Service and create other products and services.
- Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Service is owned and operated by GloveBox. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service (“Materials”) provided by GloveBox are protected by intellectual property and other laws. All Materials included in the Service are the property of GloveBox or its third party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by GloveBox, you may not make use of the Materials. GloveBox reserves all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in these Terms. For clarity, the Service may be implemented using machine learning systems with features and implementations designed to generate statistics, calibrate data models, and improve algorithms in the course of processing User Content (“Machine Learning”). Nothing in these Terms prohibits GloveBox from using such Machine Learning for testing, tuning, optimizing, validating, or otherwise enhancing the analytics, models, or algorithms underlying the Service. Nothing in these Terms gives you any rights in or to any part of the Service or the Machine Learning generated by GloveBox or the Machine Learning generated in the course of providing the Service.
- Third Party Terms
- Third Party Accounts. Certain features of the Service may permit you to connect your account on the Service with third party accounts, such as accounts with your insurance providers (“Third Party Accounts”), including for purposes of accessing your insurance-related documents such as policies and ID cards. If you connect your account on the Service with Third Party Accounts, you hereby grant GloveBox permission to access the Third Party Accounts (including the documents and materials included therein) in connection with GloveBox’s provision of the Service.
- Third Party Services and Linked Websites. GloveBox may provide tools through the Service that enable you to export information, including User Content, to third parties or third party services, including through our implementation of third party buttons (such as “like” or “share” buttons). By using one of these tools, you agree that GloveBox may transfer that information to the applicable third party or third party service. Third party services are not under GloveBox’s control, and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, GloveBox is not responsible for any third party or third party service’s use of your exported information. Please note that when you use third-party services, you may also be required to agree to their terms and privacy policies The Service may also contain links to third party websites. Linked websites are not under GloveBox’s control, and GloveBox is not responsible for their content.
- Third Party Software. The Service may include or incorporate third party software components that are generally available free of charge under licenses granting recipients broad rights to copy, modify, and distribute those components (“Third Party Components”). Although the Service is provided to you subject to these Terms, nothing in these Terms prevents, restricts, or is intended to prevent or restrict you from obtaining Third Party Components under the applicable third party licenses or to limit your use of Third Party Components under those third party licenses.
- User Content
- User Content Generally. Certain features of the Service may permit users to upload content to the Service or permit the Service to access content through Third Party Accounts, including insurance documents, data, text, and other types of works (collectively, “User Content”). You retain any copyright and other proprietary rights that you may hold in the User Content that you upload to the Service.
- Limited License Grant to GloveBox. By providing User Content to or via the Service, you grant GloveBox a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify for the purpose of formatting for display, and distribute your User Content, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels now known or hereafter developed.
- User Content Representations and Warranties. GloveBox disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of providing User Content via the Service. By providing User Content via the Service, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
- You have the right to grant GloveBox access to any and all Third Party Accounts you link to the Service;
- you are the creator and owner of the User Content, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to authorize GloveBox and users of the Service to use and distribute your User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in this Section, in the manner contemplated by GloveBox, the Service, and these Terms;
- your User Content, and the use of your User Content as contemplated by these Terms, does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (iii) cause GloveBox to violate any law or regulation; and
- User Content Disclaimer. We are under no obligation to edit or control User Content that you or other users post or publish, and will not be in any way responsible or liable for User Content. GloveBox may, however, at any time and without prior notice, screen, remove, edit, or block any User Content that in our sole judgment violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable. You agree to waive, and do waive, any legal or equitable right or remedy you have or may have against GloveBox with respect to User Content. If notified by a user or content owner that User Content allegedly does not conform to these Terms, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove the User Content, which we reserve the right to do at any time and without notice.
Text Messaging. GloveBox and those acting on our behalf may send you text (SMS) messages at the phone number you provide us. These messages may include operational messages about your use of the Service, as well as marketing messages. You may opt out of receiving marketing text messages at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you no longer wish to receive marketing texts along with the phone number of the mobile device receiving the texts. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while we process your request, and you may also receive text messages confirming the receipt of your opt-out request. Operational text messages are essential to the Service. If you do not wish to receive operational text messages from us, do not use the Service. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system. Your agreement to receive marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase or use of the Service. Standard data and message rates may apply whenever you send or receive such messages, as specified by your carrier.
Push Notifications. When you install our app on your mobile device, you agree to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings” page.
Email. We may send you emails concerning out products and services, as well as those of third parties. You may opt out of promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in the promotional email itself.
- Prohibited Conduct. BY USING THE SERVICE YOU AGREE NOT TO:
- use the Service for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;
- violate, or encourage others to violate, any right of a third party, including by infringing or misappropriating any third party intellectual property right;
- interfere with security-related features of the Service, including by: (i) disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use or copying of any content; or (ii) reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code of any portion of the Service except to the extent that the activity is expressly permitted by applicable law;
- interfere with the operation of the Service or any user’s enjoyment of the Service, including by: (i) uploading or otherwise disseminating any virus, adware, spyware, worm, or other malicious code; (ii) making any unsolicited offer or advertisement to another user of the Service; (iii) collecting personal information about another user or third party without consent; or (iv) interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide the Service;
- perform any fraudulent activity including impersonating any person or entity, claiming a false affiliation, accessing any other Service account without permission;
- sell or otherwise transfer the access granted under these Terms or any Materials (as defined in Section 5) or any right or ability to view, access, or use any Materials; or
- attempt to do any of the acts described in this Section 9 or assist or permit any person in engaging in any of the acts described in this Section 9.
- Modification of these Terms. We reserve the right to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of the change before it goes into effect. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. If a change to these Terms materially modifies your rights or obligations, we may require that you accept the modified Terms in order to continue to use the Service. Material modifications are effective upon your acceptance of the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon publication. Except as expressly permitted in this Section 10, these Terms may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of the parties to these Terms. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
- Term, Termination and Modification of the Service
- Term. These Terms are effective beginning when you accept the Terms or first download, install, access, or use the Service, and ending when terminated as described in Section 11.2.
- Termination. If you violate any provision of these Terms, your authorization to access the Service and these Terms automatically terminate. In addition, GloveBox may, at its sole discretion, terminate these Terms or your account on the Service, or suspend or terminate your access to the Service, at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice. You may terminate your account and these Terms at any time by contacting customer service at email@example.com.
- Effect of Termination. Upon termination of these Terms: (a) your license rights will terminate and you must immediately cease all use of the Service; (b) you will no longer be authorized to access your account or the Service; (c) Sections 4.3, 5, 7.2, 11.3, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 will survive.
- Modification of the Service. GloveBox reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service), temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. GloveBox will have no liability for any change to the Service or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service.
- Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you are responsible for your use of the Service, and you will defend and indemnify GloveBox and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (together, the “GloveBox Entities”) from and against every claim brought by a third party, and any related liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or connected with: (a) your unauthorized use of, or misuse of, the Service; (b) your violation of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation; (c) your violation of any third party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity, confidentiality, other property, or privacy right; or (d) any dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of those claims.
- Disclaimers; No Warranties
THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. GLOVEBOX DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. GLOVEBOX DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND GLOVEBOX DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED. GLOVEBOX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAILURE TO STORE OR MAINTAIN ANY USER CONTENT, ACCOUNT INFORMATION, OR PERSONAL SETTINGS. GLOVEBOX MAKES NO WARRANTY ABOUT THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, OR RELIABILITY OF THE CONTENT YOU ACCESS THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THROUGH THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, GLOVEBOX DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT INSURANCE DOCUMENTS THAT YOU ACCESS THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE UP-TO DATE OR COMPLETE, OR THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE TIMELY NOTIFICATIONS REGARDING ANY UPDATES OR CHANGES TO SUCH INSURANCE DOCUMENTS OR RELATED POLICIES.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE OR GLOVEBOX ENTITIES OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE GLOVEBOX ENTITIES OR THE SERVICE THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE SERVICE AND YOUR DEALING WITH ANY OTHER SERVICE USER. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE) OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, INCLUDING USER CONTENT.
THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. GloveBox does not disclaim any warranty or other right that GloveBox is prohibited from disclaiming under applicable law.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE GLOVEBOX ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY GLOVEBOX ENTITY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 15.5 AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE GLOVEBOX ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO $100.
EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THESE TERMS. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 14 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
- Generally. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and GloveBox in the most expedient and cost effective manner, and except as described in Section 15.2 and 15.3, you and GloveBox agree that every dispute arising in connection with these Terms will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of these Terms. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND GLOVEBOX ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
- Exceptions. Despite the provisions of Section 15.1, nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of either party to: (a) bring an individual action in small claims court; (b) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (c) seek injunctive relief in a court of law in aid of arbitration; or (d) to file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
Opt-Out. If you do not wish to resolve disputes by binding arbitration, you may opt out of the provisions of this Section 15 within 30 days after the date that you agree to these Terms by sending a letter to GloveBox, Inc., Attention: Legal Department – Arbitration Opt-Out, 383 Corona St. #225, Denver, CO 80218 that specifies: your full legal name, the email address and phone number associated with your account on the Service,, and a statement that you wish to opt out of arbitration (“Opt-Out Notice”). Once GloveBox receives your Opt-Out Notice, this Section 15 will be void and any action arising out of these Terms will be resolved as set forth in Section 16.2. The remaining provisions of these Terms will not be affected by your Opt-Out Notice.
- Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and GloveBox will be settled under the Federal Arbitration Act and administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (collectively, “AAA Rules”) as modified by these Terms. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting GloveBox. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement.
- Notice of Arbitration; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party by certified U.S. Mail or by Federal Express (signature required) or, only if that other party has not provided a current physical address, then by electronic mail (“Notice of Arbitration”). GloveBox’s address for Notice is: GloveBox, Inc., 383 Corona St. #225, Denver, CO 80218. The Notice of Arbitration must: (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). The parties will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if the parties do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice of Arbitration is received, you or GloveBox may commence an arbitration proceeding. All arbitration proceedings between the parties will be confidential unless otherwise agreed by the parties in writing. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or GloveBox must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. If the arbitrator awards you an amount higher than the last written settlement amount offered by GloveBox in settlement of the dispute prior to the award, GloveBox will pay to you the higher of: (i) the amount awarded by the arbitrator; or (ii) $10,000.
- Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, GloveBox will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $10,000, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in Arapahoe County, Colorado, but if the claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (a) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (b) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (c) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse GloveBox for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
- No Class Actions. YOU AND GLOVEBOX AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and GloveBox agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
- Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. If GloveBox makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to GloveBox’s address for Notice of Arbitration, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to GloveBox’s address for Notice of Arbitration, in which case your account with GloveBox will be immediately terminated and this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected will survive.
- Enforceability. If Section 15.7 or the entirety of this Section 15 is found to be unenforceable, or if GloveBox receives an Opt-Out Notice from you, then the entirety of this Section 15 will be null and void and, in that case, the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 16.2 will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
- Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to conflict of law principles. You and GloveBox submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within Arapahoe County, Colorado for resolution of any lawsuit or court proceeding permitted under these Terms.
- Additional Terms. Your use of the Service is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Service or certain features of the Service that we may post on or link to from the Service (the “Additional Terms”). All Additional Terms are incorporated by this reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
- Contact Information. The Service is offered by Glovebox, Inc., located at 383 Corona St. #225, Denver, CO 80218. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice to California Residents. If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding the Service or to receive further information regarding use of the Service.
- No Support. We are under no obligation to provide support for the Service. In instances where we may offer support, the support will be subject to published policies.
- International Use. The Service is intended for visitors located within the United States. We make no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Access to the Service from countries or territories or by individuals where such access is illegal is prohibited.
- Notice Regarding Apple. This Section 17 only applies to the extent you are using our mobile application on an iOS device. You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and GloveBox only, not with Apple Inc. (“Apple”), and Apple is not responsible for the Service or the content thereof. Apple has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Service. If the Service fails to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple will refund any applicable purchase price for the mobile application to you; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple has no other warranty obligation with respect to the Service. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Service or your possession and/or use of the Service, including: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; or (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third party claim that the Service and/or your possession and use of the Service infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights. You agree to comply with any applicable third party terms when using the Service. Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third party beneficiary of these Terms. You hereby represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
“Personal information” is information that identifies you and is associated with a specific person. Personal information does not include information that is anonymous, aggregated, or is no longer identifiable to a specific person. We may collect the following types of personal information about you through the App or from your insurance companies or independent insurance agents, including but not limited to:
- Basic registration information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, user name, password, and other registration information.
- When you use the App, you may also be asked to provide identification information to confirm your identity, including your first and last name.
- You will be required to have an online account with your insurance companies and insurance agents. You will be required to provide personal information for them. Please see the privacy policies of your insurance companies and agents for information as to what personal information they collect and how it used. We do not collect any of the personal information you provide to your insurance company or insurance agent, except for the information described in this paragraph.
- We may collect information about your interaction with our App such as your device type, operating system, average time spent on our App, unique identifiers, device IDs, app version, mobile network information, and mobile phone number.
- We may request or receive other personal information such as feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas to provide you with other benefits or to improve upon the Service. In such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or decline that information.
Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- notify you with respect to the availability of our Services through personal information obtained from your independent insurance agent and insurance company;
- respond to your inquiries about our Services;
- fulfill your requests for our Services;
- analyze App usage and improve the Services provided through the App;
- alert you to software compatibility issues and to improve our App design and functionality;
- deliver to you any notices or alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Services;
- perform market research, product development, troubleshooting problems, analysis of user behavior, marketing, and promotions;
- detect and protect against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity;
- in connection with a merger, sale of substantially all of our assets, or corporate reorganization.
In order to allow you to use certain Services, we may be required to verify your identity. We may use your information to verify your identity in the event you contact us for assistance with the App or Services.
We may use your information to pre-fill form fields on the App for your convenience.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to your insurance companies and agents as necessary to provide Services. Any information disclosed to your insurance companies will be subject to their privacy policies.
We will disclose your personal information to your insurance agents, to provide them with data about App utilization. Any information disclosed to your insurance agents will be subject to each agency’s privacy policies.
We will not, without your permission, sell, publish, or share your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to share or disclose your personal information with law enforcement, government officials, and other third parties:
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process;
- to respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties;
- in an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our App users or the general public; or
- as otherwise required by any applicable law.
We may share your personal information with other third parties with your consent or instructions to do so.
Links to and from Other Web Apps
Our App may offer links to other third party websites for your convenience and information only, including your insurance company. These websites have their own privacy and information collection practices and security measures.
Use of Non-Personal Information
We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as zip code, area code, location, time, and the time zone where our App is accessed or used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our offerings, programs, products, services, and advertising.
- We also may collect information regarding customer activities from our other programs and offerings. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our programs, offerings, and services are of most interest.
Protection of Information
We take the security of your information seriously. We use technical and administrative security measures such as but not limited to firewalls, encryption techniques, and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to comply with federal and state laws. However, no complete assurance can be made against all cyber attacks and other security breaches. To safeguard against unauthorized access, you may be required to login to our App using a user name and a password.
Third Party Offers, Advertisements, and Data Collection
Cookies and Tracking
We may aggregate information through cookies, or alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device. This allows us to collect and track information about you and your activities on our App over time, the time and date of your visit, how you use our offerings, programs, services and what offerings and services you use. We may also link this information with other personal information about you and may use this linked information. This helps us to recognize you, customize, or personalize your utilization of our Services and to store such information in between visits to our App. It also allows us to aggregate demographic and statistical data and compilations of information that may or may not include personal information and provide this information to our business partners, third party vendors, and service providers. By doing so, we hope to understand our members' needs and desires so that we can make new offerings to them or tailor existing offerings to fit their desires.
Pages of the App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Access, Retention, and Destruction of Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
You may choose to delete your account for the Service at any time. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your information, although some information may be retained on a backup server or media, which is necessary to help ensure continued availability of our Service.
We comply with applicable state and federal laws requiring secure disposal of records containing personal information of our customers. We maintain customer information for as long as needed. We take reasonable steps to destroy, or arrange for the destruction of a customer’s records containing personal information within our custody or control that is no longer required to be retained by us by shredding, erasing, or otherwise modifying the personal information in those records to make it unreadable or indecipherable through any means.
Our App and Services are not intended for minors or if you are not of a legal age to form a binding contract with us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from these individuals. If a minor (as defined by law) provides us with his/her personal information without parental or guardian consent, we encourage the parent or guardian to contact us to have this information removed and to unsubscribe the minor from future communications with us.
To the extent the personal information contains personal data relating to an individual who resides in the Canada, we acknowledge and agree that we are responsible for compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). We acknowledge that we may use personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected, unless you consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent and opt out so that your personal information may be deleted from our system. We do not collect, use, or disclose your personal information without your consent, except where required or allowed by law. We will, in accordance with PIPEDA and upon proof of entitlement and the presentation of proper identification, permit you to access to the personal information we hold about you. You may request access to or, if applicable, a correction of the personal information we have in our possession.
Questions or Concerns
383 Corona St #225
Denver, CO 80218